This is the last week we will all gather in our old office space. Next week we will be in our wonderful new office in the Tech Center.
I’m sure we will all be delighted with our new space and individual offices, but there are several things that we will miss about our old office and office space. These include:
– Not really knowing what the weather is like outside. We have windows now that are way up high and no one really knows if it is raining or if the sprinklers are running. And during campaign season, we don’t even know what month it is, just how many days until Election Day.
– Bouncing ideas off each other, and being able to do so the MOMENT they come into our minds.
– Obtaining shoe and attire advice, again, the second the fashion insecurity is voiced.
– Sharing real time Facebook updates that merit everyone’s comments so nothing goes unnoticed.
– The amazing Fed Ex representative that not only has treats for Papi and Marley, (Katie and Kristin’s dogs) but has taught them to look for additional treats being slid under the door after he has supposedly exited.
– Desks being pushed together and actually enjoying that close proximity with your co-workers.
– Coordinating the temperature and humidity of the shared office (Cassandra, Kelsie and Laurie). Three women, spanning two generations and only one unfortunate nausea incident, which was quickly remedied.
– The ability to hear Katie’s booming voice anywhere in the office, even through closed doors.
We are so grateful for the happy memories and success enjoyed at our Canal Court office. Looking ahead to making new memories and expanded success in our new space.
– Laurie Leprino, Director of Client Services